Saturday, September 10, 2016

Iceland/Island


  We had some pretty amazing food, but none as good as at this fish fry in Isafjordjor.  It was served family style and the waitress told us the idea was to go up as often as possible because they keep bringing different kinds out.  The first time I went up I was dismayed to see all six or seven varieties were breaded.  When I asked if they were going to make any without flour they said no, but that they would fix up a pan for me without it.  I had no idea cod cheek is so delicious.  Gail declared this possibly the best meal she's ever had.
  We didn't have reservations so we were forced to sit out on the patio at a picnic table with a family from Spain who we got to converse with in Spanish and look at this view.  We didn't get a chance to hike up to the cirque but I read it's pretty accessible, just stay away in winter as avalanches are common.

No comments: