Thursday, June 22, 2023

National Trails Day

The project to mark National Trails Day this year was to replace some puncheon on the Finger Lakes Trail in Shindagin Hollow.  I showed up for some publicity shots, then disappeared for a bit to go to a nearby stream I had never visited before, then came back for lunch.  Connie stuck around for the whole morning.

David is in charge and as always, made sure the job was completed to the satisfaction of all who contributed and who will use it.

I got back for lunch and assembled a bench that used Ben's ATV for a backrest.  Ben is the steward for the section of trail we worked on.  He supplied all the materials after having harvested trees on his property and milling them up himself.  I'm thinking of trading the muddy section I take care of across the road.
Connie, Andy and I did some work on their trails after lunch, and even went to a different section of the FLT in Potato Hill State Forest to put a few steps in at a creek crossing.

No comments: