Friday, June 23, 2023

End of School Year

School is out for summer, and Wow!  So many people retired.

Sara saying goodbye and thank you.
Yvette thought it would be a good idea to tailgate in the parking lot.  The one science teacher not retiring risked his job by uncorking the champagne.
Five teachers from one department.  I worked in the classroom of all but one of them over the years.
Wooden plaques to be put up around the school to remember the great exodus of 2023.
I found a stash of dinosaurs in a dumpster that made a perfect farewell gift to Mark.  Jen appreciated them even if it means finding a spot in the house for more dinosaurs.
Sara and I met in 1988.  She was the only person I knew when I entered the Big House the first time in 2004.  That's me behind her circa early 90's.

Give the school a few decades of your life and on your last day you keep the bounce house from bouncing away while you check your messages.  I hope Lisa was calling her accountant to complain about not being able to get out a year earlier.



Nadiia and Petro are returning to Ukraine.  They made a big impression on us and will be missed.  I wish them well and safety.  I'm also glad they got to a chimes concert and Niagara Falls.  Sorry I couldn't get them to the Adirondacks.

Siyu also made it to Niagara Falls.

She made a dramatic, almost cinematographic entrance to graduation.  I thought it fitting that since her journey to graduating was so unique that she get to walk across the field separate from the rest of the class.  And that I had to walk her out to the 50-yard-line and give her a push to go sit with the class of 23.

A long, proud walk.

Kari did the heavy lifting prepping Siyu for the English Regents she needed to pass to graduate.  Her mom really appreciated all our efforts and love.


And way across the pond in France, Salome` wowed an audience with a musical performance that indicated she will be doing this for audiences for as long as she wants to.  I hope she comes back over here someday to perform.



No comments: