Sunday, June 04, 2023

A Year In a Month

 

As much as I disparage the college kids in Ithaca, I will acknowledge the vast majority are upstanding citizens who don't get drunk and dump trashcans in the street at 2 am on their way to stealing a stop sign.

Here are two recent grads who I dare say have only made our community, and country, better.  Nano and Paw Ta Shue came here as refugees and are on their way to being healthcare professionals.  They completed a big step by graduating from Ithaca College this month.

I'd like to think I had something to do with their success so far, but they would have done it without me in their lives.  I'm just lucky to be along and glad they got over their shyness as 9th-graders at IHS who were afraid to talk to me.
A whole bunch of fine people I have been fortunate to work with at the high school.  They all have assured me I will be in good hands when I am older and more feeble.

No comments: