Friday, June 23, 2023

Concrete Plan




 



Ed is getting one of his rental houses finished up to welcome renters.  It has been a long haul, having been intentionally torched before the pandemic by a disturbed individual.  While there are walls and appliances being built, removed, moved, and redone by contractors a few times inside, Ed wanted to fix the sidewalk himself by salvaging concrete just off the property.  By "himself" I mean with help from Andy and I.  Since it was pouring and dark most of the time the three of us worked I don't have any pictures.  But I found another chunk buried as we were cleaning up and Ed and I moved it the next day without Andy.  I did the moving while Ed shoveled the dirt and roots out of the spot it would go.  It's much easier to move a 500 lb. chunk of concrete downhill 10 feet than it is to dig through Norway Maple roots a foot.  We got it done.

No comments: