Sunday, June 04, 2023

A Year In a Month

 

Gail and I got married at this spot 16 years ago.  It was warmer that day, and there was a little more water cascading down the rocks, but we were no more in love than we are now.

In the evening we walked up to the Botanical Gardens to see the rhododendron at Comstock Knoll.

I showed her the pothole that is threatening to test the sturdiness of my new bike.  I've been riding by this a few days a week on my commute and drivers are not keen on letting me go around it.
On the way home, I peeled off for a round of dumpsterdiving at the large apartment complex near our house.  When the students leave in May, they discard incredible things which I collect, mostly for our classroom and kids at school, but our house is tricked out with some nice stuff.  I've been looking for a good clothes drying rack for a few years, and settled for some inferior ones, but our anniversary was topped off in a spectacular fashion when I found the perfect rack.


No comments: