Sunday, June 04, 2023

A Year In a Month

 

A dear friend passed away last summer and I was able to travel to the memorial near the end of the month.  Other than Gail, Tammy did more to make me appear competent and capable than anyone.  We were partners in HQ at the Great Blue Heron Festival in Sherman, NY for over a decade.  Tammy really did the work and then I showed up for the festival and made it look like I was doing something while I sat in HQ and played banjo.  She was really sharp and a quick thinker.  I was a lucky man to work along with her.

For several years, Traci did the overnight shift, I took the early morning into the afternoon, then Tammy ran the evening/night shift.  I hope it wasn't the job that killed both of them.
For the last few years, Marie joined us, and with my retirement and Tammy's passing, she's stepped in to run the show.  The fest is still in great hands.
The best part of getting to the memorial was seeing many people I haven't seen since the 2019 Heron.  Ray and his wife, Christine, were amongst my closest friends there over the years.  Ray was very adept at stealing Tammy's golf cart.  Just for 5 minutes.

No comments: