Monday, June 05, 2023

A Year In a Month

 

A long time ago, Gail and I decided to use one of the rugs her dad gave her, but it didn't hold up to the wear and tear.  We asked around to see if anyone wanted it, but found no takers.  I actually put it in our garbage can.  Luckily, that same day, I visited Brian and Christina at their new home and saw the perfect spot for the repurposed wall hanging.  I promised to get back to hang it someday.

That day finally arrived when Brian offered to give me a bike he'd never used but bought 10-years-ago.  I happened to mention to him when I got to work one morning I'd come to the conclusion I needed to buy a new bike.  I got the better part of the deal, at least I got a better bike than I've ever owned.

Now, like my friend Beth, I have a Surly Long Haul Trucker.

No comments: