Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Women Swimmin' for Hospicare

I'd heard about a local woman who had raised over $20,000 for the year, an astounding amount not matched in the 11 previous years, it was a familiar name, Elizabeth Ann Clune.  A local Montessori school is named in her honor, I always assumed she was a wealthy philanthropist of some sort.  I also knew my supervisor at work had a sister with special needs.  On this day I found out they are one in the same and that Elizabeth had been training for a year to get ready to swim the lake with a companion by her side to keep her going.  There was some trepidation at the end of the dock when she wasn't quite sure she wanted to do it, but her sister held her hand and assured her it would be OK so in she went.  She swam the whole way too.

No comments: