Thursday, June 04, 2020

Merry Month of May

It's been too long since I took a walk around the farm I lived on in Candor, so I set aside a day to get there and a few other places nearby.  It didn't seem like it was going to work out to visit my old friend, Howard, or Carol on the farm, but when Carol had a flat tire I gave her a ride to work and we got 20 minutes to talk on the ride.  By the time I went back to Candor Howard was up and we had a nice visit too.
On the farm I went over to the mature woodlot and said hi to some of my favorite trees.  A hemlock and an ash.  Both are doing OK despite the presence of Hemlock Woolly Adelgid and the Emerald Ash Borer.


Here's a hemlock stump that I created when I felled the tree long ago for the lumber. 
Views of all the evergreens I planted around the barn and cabin.  I bought juniper seedlings from the DEC this spring and renewed my tree-planting efforts.  What else is there to do?

No comments: