Thursday, June 04, 2020

Merry Month of May



One of my ambitions in the past few years is to get to places I've never been.  One day this month I got to two such spots I've heard about for quite some time but never managed to find the time.  Cornell Botanic Gardens Edwards Lake Cliff Preserve and Emilie Jonas Falls Natural Area.
It's remarkable that I have any pictures of either place because when I got to the Edwards Cliffs I went to explore the stream where the waterfall is and dropped my phone in the water.  It was 10 minutes before I realized it but when I pulled it out of the water it worked the same as always.  Not bad for an $80 phone I bought three years ago.
I had actually been upstream from the waterfall at the cliffs preserve to Emilie Jonas Falls many times, but only to the top of the falls before the landowners allowed the public to use the trail to the bottom of the falls.  Sweet spot.



No comments: