Thursday, June 04, 2020

Merry Month of May


Since the month was unusually cold, I found myself continuing to walk a few hours most mornings rather than freeze on my bike.  One day I took a stroll past several of my favorite spots in local gorges, starting with the First Dam area of Six Mile Creek.  The first picture is of a cherry tree I loved to see bloom every year because the road passed the top of it and the early white blooms contrasted nicely with the bare trees surrounding it.  It was a shock to see it had blown over sometime recently, but two branches still put out blossoms.


Collegetown should have been swarming with activity on this day before graduation weekend.  Instead, I strolled down the middle of Dryden Rd. and got any angle I wanted for my pictures.

Cascadilla Gorge is still closed, probably will be for the summer I think, but there are still views to be had of some of the waterfalls before the leaves come out.

Ithaca Falls always has nice views, no matter the time of year.

No comments: