Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Setting Up GrassRoots



Once again I got to be on the crew to set up for the Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance.  An annual tradition I treasure, I'm part of the group that sets up the Infield Stage, I love putting together the stage where my heroes stand.  We also do a community project spearheaded by Alan Vogel.  This year a pavilion for the Montour Falls Farmers' Market and an additional ticket booth for the fairgrounds were constructed, along with improvements to the old booth.  I took a bunch of pictures of the progress, but they are lost in the void of the computer.  We did quite well considering we had to start a week early to be done before the Culture Camp got underway the Sunday before the festival started.  I calculated I've spent over 200 days in Trumansburg because of the festival, the next best thing to living there.

No comments: