Tuesday, July 26, 2016

GrassRoots 2016

The Ithaca Journal ran a nice piece about the Culture Camp that was new to the festival this year.  It was four days of workshops, dances and dinners.  I went up a couple mornings for banjo workshops by Richie Stearns and Mac Benford, and went to the kick-off dance Sunday night that featured the original line-up of Donna the Buffalo playing songs from the Red and White tapes.
The article in the paper included this picture of me on the front page above the fold.  It was either that or Trump, I guess they didn't have much choice.  There was also a video narrated by Tara and just as she said Mac was giving an advanced banjo workshop they cut to me, demonstrating it was somewhat of a beginners workshop too.
I later got a picture of a Journal reporter talking to my friends from WVA.  

No comments: