Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Trees Update

 

It's only taken about a hundred years, but a crew finally came and cut down a sick tree growing on our property line.  Before it was determined to be on the line, the neighbor actually had a crew here once to cut a dead section that hung over our garden.  He didn't tell them they could work from our side of the fence to avoid the wires.  They were pretty relieved when I let them know it was OK with us.  Several years later, I got word from the company NYSEG contracts to do line work that they would be cutting it once they had permission from the neighbor to drive on his lawn.  Ugh.  I had to commit to cleaning up the debris before the neighbor would give permission, then they decided to cut from our side after all.

 Lovely view of the East German apartment building now.

 I had my work cut out for me before going away for 10 days.

Not to be deterred, I got all the branches piled up and the wood cut and stacked to be dealt with later.

 

Now, I'm not saying I won't keep up my end of the agreement, but while we were away the neighbor did some tree maintenance and piled all the brush (thorny, black locust saplings) on top of the brush from the tree I said I'd remove.  I don't plan on moving it aside to get to the maple branches, and I sure won't be moving the locust.  Stay tuned.


In related news:  I've gone to Mount Irenaeus with Jim a few times to help them deal with the removal of the dead and dying ash trees.  They are having a professional drop most of them and we do the clean-up, but there are so many a few got missed.  Jim managed to block traffic on Roberts Road, and I took one last picture of a large dead one before felling it.


No comments: