Saturday, August 12, 2023

Out with the Kids

I had the pleasure of spending half of a day with Talia and Emma.  Talia is visiting from Israel and Emma is a student at IHS.  They were close friends during the 18 months Talia was here as a student.
We started the day in Shindagin Hollow to see the part of the Finger Lakes Trail I maintain.  I made them climb up from the valley to the hilltop.  There was a tree I knew I needed to remove at the bottom, then I drove to the top and walked down to meet them.  A lot of teenagers wouldn't venture out there for fear of an ax murderer.  They did the hike with someone carrying an actual ax.  I didn't tell them about the prison with actual murderers near the trail.  They enjoyed the lean-to, the waterfall, some stone work I've done, and the excellent condition of the trail.  Even the mud I warned them about wasn't too bad.
In Candor they loved the barn and old, blind Sonny.

 It was a little rainy and the hike wasn't too strenuous so they didn't swim.  I did trail work and needed a dip.


 We made a stop at Connie and Andy's so they could see another stunning structure.  Both were having a problem with their blood sugar so we had to address that by raiding the chocolate supply.



Our last stop of the tour was the little cabin I was living in when I met Gail.  Like most people, they found it hard to comprehend that I lived there for four years.  Ray said a deal he made to sell it fell through after he received and spent half of the selling price.  He's letting the guy decide if he wants the top or bottom half.


No comments: