Saturday, April 29, 2023

Six Mile Adventures

Spring Break gave me plenty of time to get to some projects in Six Mile Creek that have been on my agenda.

A couple steps needed to be replaced/reset.  They should make it until next spring without any more issues.
I walked down one of the feeder streams and stood at the top of this waterfall for the first time.
The most surprising adventure was following a new deer trail to a spot I had never been to behind the houses on lower Giles St.  There is a giant apartment building slated to be built soon across the creek here.


 

I thought I could count the rings of this hemlock tree that fell a few months ago, but the best I can say is it was not as old as I thought: less than 200 years.
A double waterfall in a spring rain, almost as amazing as a double rainbow.

No comments: