Saturday, April 29, 2023

Timber!


A friend asked if I could cut a couple trees so she could expand her garden, and I like cutting trees so I was happy to oblige.  I've found if you want to hit a target when felling a tree, it helps to have a big target.  The first one landed right on the boulder I was aiming for.                                                                                                                                             


 The second one was trickier, but I think I did pretty well with it too.  I hope they got everything cleared out of that city park in a timely fashion and they didn't tell any city officials I was using a chainsaw in the park.                                                                                                                        

 I took some time on a morning walk through Cornell to appreciate trees that aren't getting cut anytime soon.  The building to the east of these three was shadowing the lower parts and the crowns were catching the full sun.

No comments: