Saturday, April 29, 2023

Cleaning Up

 

For the past several years I've tried to get out to Burns Road and prevent litter from ending up in the city reservoir.  There wasn't as much this year, but still too much.  The oversized canvass bag someone tossed came in handy.  The refrigerator door and porch posts tied as the most unusual items.
The tire was picked up.  The concrete steps might have to wait until next year.
Mixed bag.  Nice that all these butts were contained, but after going through the effort to put them all in one bag, why toss it out the car window?  I also found a couple plastic six-pack holders, they are less common than the old days.  It will be nice when Styrofoam is less common; I think the 300 pieces I picked up started as an 8'x10' sheet.  This might have been the first clean-up that didn't include a single plastic shopping bag.  I used to be able to count on several of them to put garbage into.

No comments: