Saturday, April 29, 2023

Moving Rocks

The patio and garden got some changes thanks to a paddle board being added to our kayak rack.  I decided to move the cairn and add a gravel path.  It got hot and sunny, but a new, giant tarp covering the rack expands out to provide shade.  A smaller tarp was sufficient for rebuilding the cairn.




 It's been ten years since I built the patio and it has lasted without a single alteration until now.  I decided to level the steps down to it which I had set at a steeper slope than necessary.  The rocks on the right had drifted about a quarter of an inch away from their neighbors so I moved them back to fit tightly.  I'm also expanding it by adding another row of rocks on a different side, but I haven't gotten that quite done yet.

Roxy is not into stone work, and she might be from Texas, but prefers the couch on a hot day.

No comments: