Saturday, September 14, 2019

Northeast Mountains and Lakes

  The next day was to be a day of rest.  Rain was forecast and we needed a break after taking the long way up to Madison and down from Adams.  I figured we'd go to Berlin, NH for a nice lunch, maybe get a view of where we'd been the day before and explore an area Gail never really got to much in her time living in NH, VT.  She got her nice lunch, a delicious lobster roll.
  Who knew the Androscoggin Hospital served such fine cuisine?  I was in no mood to eat as I was passing a kidney stone.  I woke up feeling fine and took my morning walk to watch the sunrise over the Northern Presidentials, but when I sat down to eat breakfast I noticed a cramp.  Within a half hour I was on my knees and we were looking up the location of the nearest hospital.  Gail drove.  This picture was taken after my first injection to "get the pain under control."  The pain had other ideas and was soon out of control again.
  We learned a lot that day.  My stone was just about to my bladder by the time I got an ex-ray.  Once it made it there I was all smiles, telling the nurses they were miracle workers, and ready to go to a friend's for dinner with something new to talk about.

On the way out of town we did get a nice view of Madison and Adams, we saw how close the cliffs of Mount Forest were to downtown, and it rained pretty hard.
 
  The next day we were out on the trail again, but not without another mishap on my part when I fell in a cistern along the trail.


No comments: