Monday, August 26, 2013

11. St Paul to Madison, via Duluth


We learned on the cruise that Duluth once had the most millionaires in the world.  It was at that time this school was built. There aren't quite so many millionaires these days, in fact homelessness was way more prevalent than we expected.  I was curious about the clock tower since McGraw Tower is one of my favorite hang outs in Ithaca and this looked much like it and promised wonderful views.  I found an open door and wandered around the building, learning that it now hosts the administration offices for the school district. Eventually I found someone, the district business manager, who wasn't in any hurry to get to work that morning to be my guide.  After exploring four floors, including the basement, in search of the guy with the clock tower key, I never made it up.

No comments: