Friday, October 28, 2022

Alternate Walkabout

 


Since the original Caroline Walkabout was canceled, I went with Gail as far as East Hill Plaza where she was going to meet friends for coffee, and I continued on my own event.

Gail had never been through the meadow adjacent to Six Mile Creek natural area the city bought  from the Quakers when I was on the Natural Areas Commission so we took that trail.

Could be a scene right out of Caroline, but it's some neglected building belonging to Cornell on East Hill.

The East Hill Rec Way has been extended and gaps have been filled in so it now connects the entire distance between Pine Tree Rd. and Rt. 13.  A couple more gaps and a bridge over Rt. 13 and it will connect Ithaca to Dryden.

Gail says we went up these steps once, but I  don't remember.  They're nice.
I went through the Arboretum and some fall colors were emerging.  Out in Caroline it was  peak foliage.  The trip was just over 10 miles.




No comments: