Saturday, January 29, 2022

Madison

 Gail and I took a chance on making the drive to Madison to visit her mom and some old friends.  The lake-effect machine was shut down and with the exception of 30 miles in Allegany and Cattaraugus Counties, we didn't deal with any snow.

Carol is doing quite well, and was happy to show us around her building complex to meet many of her friends and neighbors.  We even attended a floor party.  She was willing to venture out on some cold days to see some sights, including the art museum where there was an exhibit of Mexican artists that took me back to my days as a Mexican.
We visited the arboretum and found the tree that students of Gail's dad planted in his honor.  It's doing well.
I liked this photo I saw of downtown.
Carol has this picture on her wall in her apartment.  Gail sketched it (self-portrait) in a freshman art class.
Another sketch, I'm not sure who did it, of her dad on cello with the quartet.

If you're going to visit friends from high school and college, you have to call them the old-fashioned way.



Nina made out OK at home with some of my former and current students.  We arranged for Nano and Tin Cho to take care of her, but when I got back I kept running into people who said they had stayed there and helped too.  I think they all slept in one big pile on the floor.


No comments: