Saturday, January 29, 2022

Finally Skiing

Things were not looking good when we were well into January with little snow or cold.  The warning signs are everywhere.


 Finally, they got enough out in the hills, barely, for some decent skiing.  It really wasn't enough snow to ski on, but it was preceded by an ice storm so the ground was coated with ice that protected skis from being damaged going over rocks.  It was pretty important not to fall.  Andy, Steve and I had a good run in Potato Hill State Forest to the Super-Secret Pond.



Eventually it got cold here in town and we got a storm.  I had a fine time in the gorge on a morning that started out at -8 and only got up to +8 three hours later.  I also got going on a new trail I scoped out when we got over two feet of snow last February.  My goal is to have so many trails the walkers can't ruin all the tracks.


While getting trails ready before the storm I considered the South Hill luge but decided against it.  Maybe next year.

No comments: