Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Winter Camping

   Just as in 2019, I got a perfect day to climb Pharaoh Mountain.  When I compare the pictures of the Green Mountains from the two days, I see this year was actually clearer.  The perspective was also different this year due to the wind direction, I don't think I spent any time at this clearing last time, instead taking in the western view and a less direct perspective of the High Peaks.


 

  Gail decided not to put her healing elbow to the test of coming down some of the scrambles on this route so turned back near the top.  I got a pleasant surprise when Glenn decided to go all the way up instead of turning back when he got cell reception part way.  

   

Yes, I'm taking this opportunity to brag a bit as I reflect on my hike from last summer.  I went much of the way to Marcy, near treeline on the other side, then turned to go up and over Haystack on the right, down below Marcy on this side and up Skylight on the left.  The last summit of that day was Gray, between Skylight and Marcy.  Had I added Colden, the snowy peak partially hidden on the far left, it would have been over a 20-mile day, or just too much to look back upon fondly.





No comments: