Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Winter Camping

  A new diversion this year was hitting golf balls on the lake, a brilliant idea by Roy.  He brought a seven-iron and a club similar to a driver from back in the day when each of us played regularly, and we picked out a bush on the other edge of the lake 135 yards away.  Over the course of three days Roy and I both had shots within a yard of the target, but Glenn thought I made a better target and hit one within a few inches of me on his first swing in 20 years.  I hit a few down the lake with the driver and way overestimated how far they went.  It was only 600' not the 1000' I thought.  No balls were lost.

   Gail sat in the sun and read, until the shade ruined that.

  The skating was quite good, some cracks and a few areas of punky ice that my skates sunk into.  I had several excursions to the far end of the lake and back.  And Gail took a spin in the sled while I towed her.
 

  I tried to take advantage of some strong winds and make a sail, but I didn't go as fast in the sled or on skates as I expected.



No comments: