Saturday, February 27, 2021

Games of Skill



  Before the storm arrived, I had to find ways to occupy myself without just sticking exclusively to complaining about a lack of snow.  There was decent ice to skate on in the creek, and after refreshing my Claude Lemouix skills one day, I saw an opportunity to try something at the 30' dam.  I tossed a stick with the intention of having it do something other than just bouncing on solid ice or splashing in the water.  First try- stuck it in the ice.

  Another day, on a walk to school for work, there was a little snow suitable for making snowballs.  After learning a while ago how high they set bail for throwing them at speeding cars I needed a new target.  The abandoned hawk nest on the gorge wall of Fall Creek worked.  The first throw was so bad I missed the gorge.  The second throw hit high and left, that the white spot in the top left corner of the picture.  The third try hit within the width of the nest just to the left side (large white spot next to the nest).  I considered it a success and made it to work on time.

No comments: