Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Another Snowstorm

 Whew!  If that wasn't a storm for the record books, I don't know what it was.  The county airport recorded snowfall 63 of 65 consecutive hours.  Much of that time was a light, almost misty snow so the totals were limited to about 20''.  A few times I wrote it off and thought we were missing out on it but then it would pick up and dump several inches in a few hours.  Not much wind here in town so drifting wasn't an issue for us.

The tree I put up after Christmas was decorated nicely.

Got lots of opportunities to chat with the neighbors while shoveling.  Jerry and Mike in front of Andrew's house.
I saw it as an rare chance to ski down some of the steeper, longer hills in the gorge.  On one such run the sledders had been there before me and I couldn't maintain a reasonable speed and did a face-plant in the deep powder at the bottom.  It was tempting to go back up and give it another try, but I'm getting older.
I was skiing every morning, after shoveling, and after making a pass over many of the trails with snowshoes to break trail.  Here is a spot I had skied just the day before and the tracks were barely discernible.

Bill Murry had one of those Ground Hog Days they make movies about.
The changing beauty of the woods was such a treat.  One morning in particular was breathtaking, I hope I don't have to wait too many years to experience it again.



No comments: