Sunday, June 10, 2018

K Pop Kills


  Several students I work with who have been creating dance routines all year in K Pop Club put on a performance in the school's Black Box Theater.  It was almost all girls but I think Xiao stole the show with his lead in Mic Drop.
  They created a sweet opportunity for LaReina to display her piano skills by having an interlude between K Pop numbers.  I was so proud of all of them, but especially Xiao and LaReina who came to school part way through the year and didn't know anyone when they arrived.


  We had a good time playing Corn Hole during Field Days on the last day of school, and Xiao had his face painted just as his sister Ting did last year.
  I'm certainly not going to say I'm sad to see summer vacation upon us, but when this is the scene at the start of my workday every morning, it will have me looking forward to September.  I describe this as a sort of Cheers somewhere in Southeast Asia.



No comments: