Friday, August 11, 2017

Recovered Files


  I spent a lot of time in Buffalo at my sister Janet's house with her and my mom during mom's last few months, but didn't have my camera so took a few pictures with my phone.  She had an amazing journey to the end of her life and we thought she'd reached her destination a few times but then surprised us by deciding to continue a little longer.  The top photo is from one of those days, Father's Day, when we were certain the end was near but she woke up with different ideas.  In this case she wanted to eat, something she hadn't done in a few days, and go outside on the porch.  Something she hadn't done in many days.  She lived another month.
  Spent so much time holding her hand, I took a few photos of her hand to remember or document how it changed over the weeks.

No comments: