Saturday, October 30, 2021

Sitting Around Doin' Nothing

  I've been taking it easy as much as possible this fall, spending a lot of time sitting around: after I rented a chainsaw and cut up a log for some friends and rolled the chunks across the ditch.  The log sat for a year since I offered to cut it so it's seasoned now. The reason for rolling them is that it's too muddy to split the wood where it was.  I'm not sure if they've gotten anyone to split it up, or if they'll fit in the fireplace and be burned as is.

  I did get some help moving a few more pieces of sandstone curbing.  Andy and I got two in his truck for him to use somewhere, and he helped me get one on a hand truck and bring it down the street to our house.  I was told by a neighbor 15-years-ago if I could move it, I could have it.  All I had to do was borrow the hand truck and find an old guy to help.
 

No comments: