Saturday, October 30, 2021

Out In the Woods



  A fantastic rock washed down the stream and came to a rest along Kari's property in Danby.  They put it on the carrier and have set it along a trail.  She and Peter are so meticulous about things, they even had to use a rope to match the rock to move it.

  I went out to spend a night in my hammock and picked the day the septic was being put in.  It was good to have upgraded facilities.  They were done working by the time I got there so no engines running, but the backhoe made the banging noise they make when they settle into the ground if they are parked like this.  Probably a few times an hour all night.
I worked on what I hope to be a new ski trail the next day.  It went great until I got to the far end and encountered a yellow jacket nest under a log I moved.  Good thing there was a nice new trail to use to get to the pond and jump in after several stings. 
  The same storm that brought the striped rock took out the bottom of the steps I made last spring.  A rock weighing several hundred pounds is gone.
 

No comments: