Sunday, July 05, 2020

June

I spent much of the month of June building stone steps at some beautiful property a friend, Kari, bought.  There are several springs that make it difficult to get down to the creek, and the only "dry" spot was quite steep.  I've been wanting to build steps since becoming enthralled with them on a trip to the White Mountains with Gail in 2015 and reading about all the trail builders.  I started at the bottom, but didn't notice this amazing rock until I'd already put in three steps.  Not quite sure how I got it from where it was into the place it ended up, but I didn't get hurt.  I did bring my patented rock carrier the next day which is useful for two to four people to carry heavy rocks.  Maybe not the next day, I found it almost impossible to work on these two days in a row, or for more than four or five hours in a day.




No comments: