Sunday, August 04, 2019

GrassRoots




  The 29th Annual GrassRoots Festival of Music and Dance has come and gone, and like every year, I'm left wondering why I missed it once.  The music is not to be beat and the company of friends and family is fabulous.
  Bubba George got it going again as they always do, Rising Appalachia fulfilled a dream by playing, Dirty Blanket rocked the Dance Tent in steaming fashion, and the Garifuna Collective came from Belize to wow all who saw them.  With over 75 bands on five stages there's a lot to miss, we just do the best we can.  Big on my list this year was Todd Snider.  I'd been hoping he'd be booked since he spoke so eloquently for our generation when I heard his first song on his first cassette in 1994.  With all he's done since then I've forgiven him for not spending his days off after the festival with me.  Maybe next year.

No comments: