Thursday, August 01, 2019

Great Blue Heron Lite


  The Great Blue Heron Festival in Sherman, NY was another smashing success this year.  I decided to step back a bit from my role as a crew chief in Headquarters, but stayed on as a commoner while a new chief learns the ropes.  For as long as anyone can remember, Tammy has been the anchor, but some serious health issues this year threatened that reign, however, they were no match for her.  A few years ago Marie took over the overnight shifts with support from her son, Paul.  It only made sense that Paul take my morning shifts and he did a great job.  I hardly felt like I worked at all but was granted the perks I've always enjoyed, showing the class act the festival is,  acknowledging past efforts as well as current.
  I'm happy to say Tammy has had her surgery and is successfully recovering the way we expected she would.  She's one strong woman with an incredible amount of support.  People like to talk about the Heron being a family and in this case that has certainly proven true.
  My intention when scaling back my involvement was to visit family and/or friends in WNY while in the area.  I'd been to Buffalo enough in the past couple months so decided to leave Saturday evening to spend a night and day at Mt. Irenaeus.

No comments: