Monday, March 26, 2018

Vacation Memories




  During my February break there wasn't any skiing to be had in the region, so my canceled trip to the Adirondacks turned into one to Niagara Falls and Buffalo.  The trip included a swing through Rochester and then along the Lake Ontario shore heading west for someplace new to me.  I've now circumnavigated the lake, mostly by bike and this section was nice enough to return on bike sometime.
  Stayed in the US at Niagara Falls, and even with the closest observation points closed due to ice I'm baffled why so many say you have to go to Canada for the best views.  Explored some of the area downriver from the falls and hoped to go down into Devil's Hole but the steps were too icy.  Still had a good view of the ice jam in the river from above.
  The Buffalo portion included a stop at Helene and Pat's new house, Will and Henry are also claiming ownership, at least on their individual rooms.  That I stayed at Janet's says nothing about the new place, it's sweet.  It was the first time back to Janet's since our mom died.

 

No comments: