Monday, March 26, 2018

Vacation Memories





  Skiing season is over in Six Mile Creek, but it was pretty good and I spent most of my skiing hours and trail work there.  The top picture is from a storm in March that didn't deliver the goods when it came to being able to ski, but it gave the woods a special look for a few days.
  Another storm came with a fog that shrouded the meadow and forest in secrecy.  A trail has passed a large Black Birch for all the years I've skied here, but I never realized it was a birch because it was too big for my conception of the species.  Red Oaks continue to fall in a particular spot, this lifetime trail-blocker is one of five or six that have come down in the past few years.
  On the bottom is a waterfall of a feeder stream where some fellas have decided they have building privileges.  I spent two days dismantling and sending the rocks and logs over the waterfalls.  This is from the second one when I marveled at how much had already been washed away from the first day.

No comments: