Saturday, April 13, 2024

Ec pse

 

How many of us can thank Carl Sagan for our early interest in the cosmos?  I thank him quite often on my way to work and when walking the dog.  Better late than never?  Too soon to tell.  Roxy wanted to get in on the tradition of putting rocks on his gravestone.  In this case Rox.  It was a good way to start 4-8-24.

Kari joined Gail, Amy and me for a trip to the Zone of Totality in Geneva, where we sat on the beach at the north end of Seneca Lake.  She recently got a puppy so her brother dis-invited her from going to his place on Upper Saranac Lake.

Though it started bright and clear in the morning, and I was able to get my staring at the sun over with early, clouds were on order in the Finger Lakes for the afternoon.  The day before and following day were both blue-sky days start to finish.

People where it was sunny commented on how it got colder during the total eclipse.  We started cold.

Sure looked like a hell-of-a thunderstorm coming our way.

About 15 miles south the lake was out of the path.  What a sight.



The family had fewer clouds for their gathering in Hamburg.  We had no use for the glasses unless we wanted total darkness.

Peter went to Saranac Lake without Kari and the puppy.  He shared what I think is the neatest picture I've seen from the day.

For the data geeks.


Dead space?  Space lives!




No comments: