Monday, January 01, 2024

Old Room, New Purpose

 


Now that she's working full time at home, Gail decided to move her office upstairs.  This meant a significant reorganization and going through many drawers, boxes and bookshelves.  I found the top picture in a box.  I've never been able to date it, but it's roughly the same perspective of the one below it from 1917.

I didn't even recall having these two pictures of our house from 1930.  These were from just before the solar panels were put on.




We haven't painted the spare room (also known as Lori's room in honor of a regular guest) in over 15 years.  I decided the internet is sufficient and no longer need the collection of topo maps.  They go back to my days in the cabin in Candor in the last century.

The topo maps weren't the only casualty of the new decor.  The framed 20th anniversary poster of the Great Blue Heron Festival has been demoted to a basement location.

An old picture, also from the Candor days, got a new frame and choice position above Gail's desk. Another frame that got repurposed held a picture of my mom since she was 17.  When I took it out, I found baby pictures of her older sister, Ruth, who was born in 1919.

 Painted and occupied.  It's so cozy, Gail even decided to put in a few hours on a work project during her three weeks off.  Next up: Dormer and bathroom?  Stay tuned.


No comments: