Saturday, March 18, 2023

Moving Rocks

 

As our transportation fleet has expanded to include a car, two kayaks and a paddle board, the cairn I built long ago (2005?) seemed to grow larger and more in the way with every addition.  I decided it was time to move it.  When I first built it, Gail was out of town, when I later added the heart-shaped stone I did it again when she was away.  She's not away as often these days so I had to be patient for a day when she went to her office and I didn't have to work.

The last picture of it intact.

Dismantling was kind of fun.  I wanted the rocks close to where I'd be rebuilding and not piled on each other, but it had other ideas and tipped over after I took a bunch off.


   Smaller and out of the way, but it needs to be rebuilt when I have more time and better rock selection.  Many of the big ones that worked in a larger cairn didn't fit in this one.

No comments: