Sunday, September 04, 2022

North Countries

 

  On the way to Manitoulin Island, we passed through some interesting mountainous terrain.  We had time to check it out a bit on our way to Michigan.  I looked at the map and saw a trail right off the highway to Willis Peaks.  I am quite familiar with the name as it's used in a Fred song I sing all the time, "Good Enough".  

I stole myself a car last week, drove it up to Willis Peaks, covered it with gasoline, but it's not the same when she's not with me.

Glad I'm still good enough and she was with me, even if we didn't torch a car or anything.

Looking back to Manitoulin Island in the far distance.

It was a fun scramble up quartzite stone.

Might be worth going up north again sometime to explore.  There are a couple provincial parks in La Cloches.
On top of Willis Peaks.

No comments: