Friday, July 08, 2022

Maine Wedding

A hundred years ago, I moved to Tioga County after college.  About that same time, Dylan was born and I lived with him the first 11 years of his life.  This June, he got married to Lauren in Maine.  Gail and I were fortunate to be invited and thrilled to make the trip to be part of their special day.


It was the first time Gail and I saw Matt and Jen since they got married, and the first we learned they will be having a baby in the coming winter.

It was my last time wearing one of my dad's suit coats.  I don't think he's responsible for all the food stains on it.  I wore it on the day I got married.


 On the way to Maine, we stopped to visit Mary Ann in Bolton Landing.  Glenn wasn't there, off riding dirt bikes.  We enjoyed a nice hike to a newly restored fire tower on Swede Mountain and a little time on Lake George.






No comments: