Monday, February 21, 2022

Skiing Adventures




 

  I had hoped be here 15 minutes earlier, but you do what you can.  This is on my way to Taughannock on the Black Diamond Trail.  I started on the creek by our house and made my way to the Inlet, which meant my back was to the morphing colors that proceeded sunrise.  Not that it's visible in this pic, but the sun was pierce by McGraw Tower from this perspective.  


  I never regret a trip to Taughannock, and am happy to say I've added another mode of making a round trip from home for a view:  walking, biking, bus, car, and now skiing.  


  Neither of us had cold feet.  It was -3 when I started, but the sun changed that quickly and even the loungers weren't bothered.


  Ugh.  Enough with the salt!


  OK,the truth is I got out by the police station as there was a spot between there and where I started under the pedestrian bridge I didn't think I'd be able to ski over twice without ending up in the water.  So the return was probably exactly 11 miles.  No lie: Home for lunch.


No comments: