Saturday, December 25, 2021

Weird Stuff in Town

Despite notifying Streets and Facilities of the risk of loosing a South Hill scholar, they never sent anyone up to replace the storm grate.  Lucky for all involved, I had an extra metal pole sitting around and an orange cone I brought up from the creek years ago.  It got fixed after a few days, but I didn't get the cone back.
Kurt's Porch in Thompson Park got furnished.  It looked inviting on a record-setting warm day in December, but probably not so much in the cold rain and snow.

 This showed up in Fall Creek.  On the one hand, people shouldn't treat public property like it is their own; on the other hand, this was much more creative than the rocks people stack up.  I wanted to treat it as my own and move it up to the sidewalk along the street to see if it would slow down the speeders coming down the hill, but somebody else tossed it into the creek first.

No comments: