Monday, June 21, 2021

Around Town

 




It's been busy around town, in and outside, attending to some trail projects and keeping an eye on things.  On National Trails Day I joined a team of elders (there were a couple guys and one woman younger than me) to revisit and continue improving a section of the Finger Lakes Trail in Caroline.  Last year some of us removed a beaver dam that was flooding a marsh so much the boardwalk and bridge were submerged.  Now that the water level is lower we filled in some gaps of the board walk (puncheon) and straightened and braced the bridge.  It was an 85-degree day and I wasn't into the sun and heat so I went back to the dam and cleared out the winter debris to get the water flowing better again.  Nice conditions to work in the mud up to my knees.

No comments: