Sunday, May 09, 2021

Easter




   Easter Sunday I ventured to Dansville to see siblings Jim, Chris, and John.  The next generation was represented by Stacy, Stephanie and Jake.  We had a fine dinner, inside.  Unfortunately, when I set up the camera for the group photo all I got was Jim's new wheelchair ramp (for his impending immobility).



  I left Ithaca early enough for a stop in Watkins Glen to walk the Rim Trail, a first for me.  The gorge trail was closed due to the remaining ice on the walls, but the new sights were interesting to say the least, certainly worth going back again.  I don't know how many trestles the public is permitted to walk across, but you can do it there.


  I've yet to get to the Curtis Museum in Hammondsport honoring Glenn Curtis.  He set land-speed records on early motorcycles and was a pioneer in early aviation.  Pilot's license #1.  The museum has an exhibit about Art in War coming in 2021.

No comments: