Sunday, May 08, 2016

Making The Paper

Gail likes to claim I'm a media whore who is always trying to get into the paper.  While not entirely unfounded, I did turn down an opportunity last week to pose in front of a dilapidated house a few feet from the bank of Fall Creek below Ithaca Falls.  The commission I'm on is in favor of the city demolishing the house and adding the property to the natural area.  While talking to the reporter about the subject he asked me if I wanted to meet him at the house for some pictures.  I declined.
Little did I know just a few days later I'd be walking home in the rain and surreptitiously get in this photo of the new hotel by the Commons.  Look closely, that's me in the dark jacket with the black umbrella on the far right at the other end of the bridge.
Yes, I stole this photo from the Ithaca Journal and since I saw the guy take the picture I carefully checked each of the 21 photos they put on the website to see if I made it.
Slut that I am.

No comments: