Monday, July 20, 2015

Graduation


An annual tradition I'm glad I got into a few years ago is to attend IHS graduation ceremonies at the Springsteen Center at IC.  This year was particularly touching as two of my favorite students of all-time, Melissa O. and Cassie S. graduated.  I wouldn't go so far as to say they couldn't have done it without me, but I'm glad they didn't. 
Cassandra is an amazing writer and I'll be showing people the short stories she wrote for me when she's a best selling author. 
Melissa not only was the first student to ask me for a letter of recommendation for her college application, but wrote me a thank you letter for helping her make it through all four years of school.  I like to think my letter helped get her into IC and that she'll continue to show appreciation by staying friends for years to come.
Not supposed to have favorites, right.

No comments: