Thursday, January 24, 2008

Grandma and Me


Here's the last picture I know of that has Grandma and me in it. It's from July 2000, the last summer I had that car, and we're on our way to check out the Great Blue Heron Music Festival. I'd take her there every year when she lived in Sherman. The last time was in 2003 when she was 98, making her the second oldest person to visit (host Julie Erickson's great aunt visited at 99). We toured the site in a golf cart and Grandma got a kick out of the hippie-kids' clothes. After listening to some old time music by The Buvas with Richie Stearns awhile, she said, "They don't sing much do they?" Pretty astute observations for someone who couldn't "see or hear a thing" for the last ten to fifteen years of her life. It was several years before I noticed the similarity of the print on my shirt and our pose.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Hi Joe,
Sorry to hear about your grandma!

I am sure I'll see you next year at the fest though!

Take care, Jeff (from head quarters)